Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hawaiian Loco Moco






Hawaiian loco moco usually consists of white rice topped with a hamburger patty, an over-easy egg and some brown savory gravy. I had my first Loco Moco about two years ago when J and I went to Oahu with his parents for Thanksgiving. It was a great experience!

We tried to create this dish at home for brunch with our home-made hamburger patty left over from yesterday's BBQ grilling. We made the hamburger patty with some ground beef from Sprouts, chopped mushroom and some yummy apricot Stilton cheese from Trader Joe. We also got some fresh cage free organic chicken eggs from Scottsdale Farmers Market a week ago. I made my brown gravy with some button mushrooms and onion. My secret ingredient of my gravy was some while truffle olive oil! The dish was great with all these fresh ingredients! It was definitely a good way to start our Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment