Sunday, June 7, 2009

Char Shao Pao - 叉烧包



I have been wanting to make my own char shao pao for a long time. Char shao pao that we got from dim sum restaurants or asia markets are not as fluffy, tasty or fresh as we were looking for! It is pretty expensive in the dim sum restaurants for 2 paos in one tray - ~$3.50!

After searching for a while for a recipe, I decided to give My Kitchen's Char Siew Pao's recipe a try! Thanks Lydia for sharing your absolutely amazing recipe!

It took us a while to find all ingredients needed, especially the different type of flours needed here (low protein flour and wheat starch). I made my own char sao as mentioned in my previous blog. The process was long but totally worth it!

Our paos came out tasty and fluffy! J had 4-fresh-steamed paos in a second they came out of my steamer! LOL


1 comment: