Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bread



Inspired by Sweetiepie from 'What's For Dessert Today", I decided to try to make my own bread. I am very particular about getting the 'right' bread. I like my bread soft and fluffy inside. I followed the recipe from 'What's For Dessert Today', made a few small justification based on my personal taste and the results was wonderful. Thanks Sweetiepie!

The bread came out just the way we like it! It was crusty outside, very soft inside. Oh... I just love the smell of fresh bread around the house when I was baking it! Once it was out of the oven, we cut a huge thick slice, slabbed some cream cheese and raspberry marmalade on it! Yum, a good way to have your afternoon snack with a cup of coffee or tea.

Ingredients: (adapted from 'What's For Dessert Today')

600g all-purposed flour
15g yeast
300ml cold water (enough to make a soft dough)
75g butter
50g icing sugar
1/2 tsp salt

Method:
1) Sift flour in a big bowl
2) Make a well in the middle of the flour, put yeast and cold water
3) Mix well yeast and water
4) Slowly form a dough
5) Let dough rests for 2-3 hour
6) After 2-3 hr, mix icing sugar, salt and butter in the dough
7) Knead for a few minutes until a soft and smooth dough formed
8) Put the dough in a loaf pan
9) Let the dough rests for at least 30 minutes or until it double its size in the loaf pan (cover the dough with a damp towel)
10) Bake the dough in the oven at 360F for 35 minutes

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment