Monday, January 25, 2010

Squash with Salty Ham Hock Soup



Didn't I tell ya that I was addicted to my new love - squash?! LOL This is another favorite dish of mine made of squash. We just recently added 3 new heavy cast iron - Le Creuset pots to our kitchen collection. I have been trying out some stew with braising technique using this cast iron pot. I will share more in my next few postings. ;)

This soup was made of two types of squash - Banana Squash and Kabocha Squash with salty ham hocks. It was actually very simple to do. I pre-cooked both squash in the oven for 20 minutes before I cut them out for soup. You can also sautee some shallots and garlic with olive oil before you add the mashed squash with chicken soup. Add ham hock last and stew for a couple of hours! Remember, the longer you stew, the better it tastes! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment