Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fried Hawaiian Plantain





I had a big discovery yesterday while shopping at our local Asian grocery store. I saw this incredibly huge banana-like fruit in the fruit/vege section. Apparently not a lot of people had seen this type of banana before. We had a mini-size crowd around the banana and asking what was that? :) It turned out that this huge banana is a type of Hawaiian plantain. I certainly never came across it during my trips to Maui and Oahu last time. Surely, I grabbed one huge one right away. LOL

I turned this Hawaiian plantain into yummy fried plantain snack this afternoon by dipping it in the home-made flour/egg/sugar batter. To finish it up, I lightly powdered the fried plantain with some powder sugar and some maple syrup drizzles. The results was, YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment