Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shrimp Summer Vegetable Wheat Pasta



Yesterday I went to the Sprouts and spotted some fresh summer vegetables such as zucchini, yellow squash and some sweet corn. I bought some of them! On one hand I am happy to enjoy summer fruits and vegetables, on the other hand I am not very thrilled about the summer in Arizona. It has been in at least 110F in the last 2 weeks. This weekend the weather will be at 115F. I am telling you... 115F is like the tipping point. After 115F, it goes from hot to hell. Argh, the summer. You got to love the heat to live in AZ. LOL

I made my tomato-based sauce from scratch today. I cut up a few medium size shrimp, some garlic, 4 medium size tomatoes, one small zucchini, and a couple of carrots. I didn't make my pasta (;P of course not, otherwise dinner won't be ready by 7pm and I didn't get back from work till ~6:15pm) but used half of pack of the wheat pasta from store. Oh yeah, my friend - Giuseppe brought me a piece of the Parmesan cheese from Italy in May! Thanks G! I grated a bit of the Parmesan on top of the pasta and served it hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment